by Stephen Grills of the Grilling School
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Grilling time: 8 to 10 minutes
Difficulty rating: Very Easy
Number of servings: 6
- 6 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I use corn fed chicken)
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 4 limes
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 2 crushed or very finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1½ teaspoons of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Slice the breasts into four and place into the bowl with the marinade, mix well and cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Prepare the barbecue for direct grilling on a medium heat, 180c to 220c.
- Place the chicken chunks onto double pronged metal skewers for quicker and more secure cooking.
- Brush the cooking grills clean. Grill the chicken smooth side down, over direct heat for 8 to 12 minutes, with the lid down, turning once or twice until the meat is firm to touch and opaque all the way to the center. Serve warm.
To finish, quarter some limes and I serve with a nice crisp salad. ENJOY!
The BBQ Shop. Calpe to Moraira Coast road. Tel: 965 836 607. www.bbqshop.es