Once again it is time for a roast, I prefer pork so here is one of my favourites.
Garlic and Rosemary Infused Roast Pork
3 cloves garlic, minced, 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 180?C / Gas mark 4.
2. Crush garlic with rosemary, salt and pepper to make a paste. Pierce meat with a sharp knife in several places and press the garlic paste into the openings. Rub the meat with the remaining garlic mixture and olive oil.
3. Place roast into preheated oven for 2 hours, turning and basting with pan liquids. After 2 hours remove roast to a serving dish. Heat the wine in the pan and stir to loosen browned bits on the bottom. Serve with pan juices.
Crispy Roast Potatoes
1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into thick chunks, 3 tablespoons beef dripping (or vegetable oil if preferred), salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 200?C / Gas mark 6.
2. Cook potatoes for 8 to 10 minutes in a large pot of boiling water.
3. Place dripping or oil in a preheated roasting tin until almost smoking.
4. Drain potatoes and return to pot. Sprinkle with the flour, turmeric, oregano, salt and pepper. Place a lid on the pot and shake vigorously so that potatoes are covered in the flour and spice mixture.
5. Place in the roasting tin and toss to coat in the hot fat. Roast for about 40 minutes.